Monday, May 26, 2008

Utah Phillips

I am sad to say that the Utah Phillips, the great IWW bard
is no longer with us. Fortunately, I saw him perform at the
Vancouver Folk Festival in '06. He had the people entranced,
especially the younger set. I remember walking to the next
event and a young guy behind me was telling his girlfriend,
"You shoulda been there. There was this old guy who sounded
like Johhny Cash and had real radical songs." For a fine eulogy,

see; http://www.counterpunch.org/rovics05262008.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I didn't hear the news. It's sad.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Graeme said...

A real loss, I knew he was sick. RIP

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blogging Change
BCBloggers Code: Progressive Bloggers Site Meter